Monday, November 29, 2010

A Day in the Park & A Smoker's Convention?

Hello,

We got to call Ron and Manon today! Best part of our day! Lan Lan continues to do very well! Keeping me busy! She loves the games I brought. Travel trouble, travel connect four, and travel prefection, plus card games etc.

The doctor came. He said her lungs sound good; just a runny nose. Our guide and the doctor said she needed two shirts and two pants because of her runny nose. I put all that on her and guess what? She still has a runny nose! Too funny! Her weight is 49 pounds compared to Manon's 59-60 pounds and she is about one inch taller than Manon. He said she is tall and skinny. She fits into size eight but baggy. Manon was super skinny, too, at first. She is a good eater but I am sure that will change once she meets Manon!

New words she uses freely- flower and coffee! Mamma needs some coffee!

On tv here they have a chinese version of China's got talent and Wipeout!
We went to a park with our guide. Old Nanchang city. I think it is just their downtown, but interesting. Population in Nanchang 4.4 million and it has a 2,000 year history.

The guide told her the name we have for her but she can use it when she is ready. She smiled about that. I found out today that she will most likely get the 7-9 shots on monday.... The guide told her about them and to be brave because her parents feel bad that she has to get them. Oh, there is a cigarette company convention in the hotel that started yesterday. They smoke EVERYWHERE. Two business men sat at our table for breakfast and smoked. We were almost done so we left. They smoke in the elevator, the hallway. BUT only three more days. It will be better in Guanzhou.

Tomorrow we are going to an open market so that should be interesting! I will have pictures for sure. Our guide has been wonderful. She has a lot to say about the situation with the orphans and I will write more about that later. I am having a tough time with the smoke but have the inhaler to use. The guide asked the hotel staff to please clean the air in my non smoking room and they opened the window! I am on the 11th floor. At this point I'll take the smog if Lan Lan will stay away from the window!

Oh, We had an incident crossing the road today so I am pretty sure we won't do that alone again!

She is doing so well. I know she looks a little sad in some pictures but I think she is just tired of the camera.

I love and miss you guys a ton!

Thanks for the emails and comments and to keep them coming!


The open window in my room on the 11th floor. My guide told them to clear the air of cigarette smoke. At this point I will take the open window and the smog if Lan Lan stays away from the window!
Bikes in traffic

Bikes are a big way to get around.
Food Cart
More Pictures from the Park
"Working Boat" to clean up trash from the water.
Another Park Picture
More of the City from the Park
Mini Palm Trees
Bonding in the Park
Radio Tower, but no longer works.


Sarah is happy. . . Just sick of the camera!
More in the park
More in the Park
Old City of Nanchang
Old city of Nanchang
Kids rides. Sarah did not want to go in there.

Stroller
Not like they are in the U.S.
Picture in the park
Happy baby girl in the park. Same age as Kelsey.
Tie Chi in the park
The writing on the rock states "No Climbing"
Ballroom Dance Lessons in the Park
Manmade rocks in the park
This couple was wonderful

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pictures and really look forward to your updates everyday !! Love ya !

    ReplyDelete