Friday, November 26, 2010

Hello from Hong Kong!

Hello everyone,
(Ron, Manon, Brenda, & Nick at JFK)
(Ron, Manon, Cintya, & Nick at JFK)

(Manon & Ron at JFK)


The anticipation of the long flight was much worse than the 16 hour flight itself! JFK on Thanksgiving is just about EMPTY! Security was super quick and easy. The flight was very good! I had a wonderful couple from Boston in my row and they were a delight to talk to. The food was good and TV right in front of you was a plus. I did watch the area below the plane for a while and that was interesting!

Thanks to a little Ativan and motion sickness medicine, I did great on the flight. I think I had two, four hour naps. The worst part was knee and neck pain but they are just a memory now. . . . I made it through customs and immigration with a little help from the wonderful couple that I was talking with. I really cannot get over how quick the flight seemed compared to last time.

I was met at the gate by our guide Matthew and we collected a couple and their daughter. We are checked in at our beautiful hotel and have plans to meet at 7 a.m. for breakfast and then on to a tour. I am really looking forward to the day. I did venture out to a Seven Eleven in search of Diet Pepsi but I believe I will be living on warm Coke Zero (yuck!) for the next two weeks. I would have walked around a little farther but decided to get to bed. Wow, Sarah and I are actually in the same country! I think this is pretty amazing! I leave for Nanchang Sunday morning and receive Sarah in the afternoon at the hotel. Please pray for her to be safe and to trust me. To anyone that was worried about my coming to China alone, don't worry! I am doing great and have a peace about the whole situation. I was a wreck up until I went through security but it has been smooth sailing ever since!

Goodnight from Hong Kong! I have a huge window in my hotel that has an amazing view of the city at night! I am watching it as I go to sleep! Pretty amazing!

Two more nights my sweet girl, just two more nights . . .

Manon and Daddy, I miss you like crazy! I will try to skype tomorrow once I have some rest!

Nick, Alex, and Nate, I miss getting to talk to you guys so be sure and email me!

OH, my email while i am in China is goingtochina9@hotmail.com. I won't be able to read the comments on the blog until I am back in Hong Kong so just send me an email if you would like! Sarah and I would love to hear from you!

Blessings to all,

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment