Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Orchid Blossom

Hello,
Wow I miss you! I was able to skype with my mom Alex and Nate. Just no one can hear me but I can hear you. I will buy a headset with a mic tomorrow at Walmart.
Today we went to the Tong Wang Pavilion. It is over 1,400 years old. There was a prince from far away. His father though he was no good at politics so he sent him far away. The prince had this pavilion built just for fun. He was an artist so he did many famous paintings in the pavilion. I have lots more details about it but will do a small post about it later. Very interesting. There was a show there that I did a few videos on. Not sure if Alex can post them or not. There is major road work going on around it and the streets are gone. I think you should be able to see this in the pics. It is a very popular place for the Chinese to visit. Lan Lan did very well. She was a little quiet and sad this am but it did not last long. At breakfast we were talking to a family from Ohio that adopted a beautiful 10 month old baby from Lan Lan's orphanage. She was thrilled to see the baby and picked her right up out of her high chair. The mom was very sweet about it. Lan Lan noticed the baby again in the lobby and AGAIN at the pavilion. She loves babies! The guide told me that Lan means Orchid blossom- I am thrilled to watch her bloom more each day! So glad we kept Lan in her name! The taxi ride was super scary! I do not think I have ever been in a car going that fast before AND no seat belts! EEKKKKKKK.... The guide asked the driver to slow down for me!
We played in the playroom kicking and throwing the balloon. She loves to kick and catch. Manon, she will be a great playmate! She now says I love you in English instead of Manderan. She is using more words everyday. The guide and I agreed no more street crossing alone for us! She showed us a little street market near the hotel that we can walk to for water and things. We went there this afternoon and did well. She was able to pick things out that she wanted. Our laundry was picked up yesterday and came back today. I almost fell over when I figured out how much it cost!!!!! I will not be doing anymore laundry here. It will be much cheaper in Guanzhou and I will do the light stuff by hand. I have our window open again today and it is helping with the smoke. The minute I go out in the hall I start coughing.
We are hanging out in the room and playing games. Lan Lan loved seeing her grandmother and her brothers! She was laughing a lot at her brothers. Now if we can just get daddy on skype we will be all set. Oh, Alex and Nate are trying to get Nick on too.
Lan Lan is hugging and kissing freely! Oh, I bent over to hug her and she jumped up just like Manon does so I could hold her! I am in BIG trouble!!!! Luckily she is 10 pounds lighter but the way she is eating I do not think it will take her long to fill out.
Tomorrow we go out in the morning again but I forgot where we are going!
So why are we still in Nanchang???? The guide picks up the official documents tomorrow and the passport on Friday. After we have her passport we fly to Guanzhou to complete the US side of things including the medical exam and immunizations...... and Consulate appointment.
Love mom/Brenda and Lan Lan














































Porcelain Walls









Singer










Ceiling in the Theater

































































































































































Last one in the play room at the hotel.












Porcelain. Jiangxi is the Porcelain capital of the world!











Bonsai Tree




































We went to a street market near the hotel. No street crossing required.


























More Market Picks
























More Market Pics

No comments:

Post a Comment