Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wednesday at the Red Couch

Today we had our red couch photos done. It is impossible to get all the kiddos smiling and cooperating but great to get their red couch pictures anyway! It is a great milestone for us because it means we are almost ready to go home!!!! All the kiddos in our group are wonderful, sweet and a true blessing! Sarah Lan Lan was not too happy to have to wear her itchy green Chinese dress or for me to do her hair but she survived!

After the photos we met with a mom from a Yahoo group I am on, her mom and handsome new son for lunch. Another mom and her new little blessing joined us. We had delicious Dim Sum (dumplings), rice and shrimp rolls and Jasmine tea. It was great to get to spend some time with Diana after chatting on the Yahoo group for over three years! Lunch was very good! I think we will have to go back there again!

Sarah Lan Lan and I headed to the deli for a sweet dessert and Starbucks for me. We are almost packed and ever so ready to go. Sarah Lan Lan was very sad and unhappy this morning but is better this afternoon. Thanks Diana, I think hanging out with you guys helped! I think Sarah Lan Lan is ready to move on too! It is tough to live out of a hotel room for two weeks. We have a group meeting with our guides at 5pm to hear the details about going home. Tomorrow at 3pm our guide picks up our kids visa's and then we are ready to go to Hong Kong in the evening. I wish we were headed right home but at least going to Hong Kong will be a step in the right direction!

I will try to post tomorrow before we head out.
Brenda and Sarah Lan Lan

P.S. Did I mention WE ARE ALMOST DONE!!!!!!


















1 comment:

  1. Brenda...I have enjoyed following your blog and your journey to Sarah. She's a beautiful and lucky young girl!! I was curious about one of the children in the red couch photos...are any of them adopted from Suzhou? We just adopted our daughter from there and one of the little girls in your photos resembles one of the children we saw. You can reply to me on the Suzhou yahoo group. Blessings for a safe journey home!

    ReplyDelete